RG - Ryecroft Glenton
Techconsult UK embarks on growth strategy after successfully trading through lockdown
Techconsult UK is implementing its first stage of growth to scale the business following a recent Management Buy Out with the appointment of a new Non-Executive Director.
The business, which provides specialist recruitment and talent management services to science, technology and engineering sectors, was acquired by its existing management team Steve Guest and Sarah Taylor earlier this year.
To support the scale-up ambitions of the company, the owners have recruited experienced corporate finance professional Carl Swansbury as Board Advisor.
Carl, who is a Partner and Head of Corporate Finance at Newcastle-based RG Corporate Finance and advised on the acquisition of the business from Techconsult Norway in June. He joins Techconsult UK’s Non-Executive Director, Gary Lumby, Managing Director of Focus on Success, as an advisor to the business.
The appointment is part of Techconsult UK’s three-year growth plan, which has also begun with the refinancing of the business with a new agreement with Metro Bank.
Techconsult UK, which is based in the heart of the UK petrochemical and process industries at Wilton International, provides scientific, technical and engineering talent to clients operating in a range of industry sectors on a permanent, temporary and contract basis.
Having completed the MBO during the coronavirus lockdown, the directors were quickly faced with a challenging period in which to take over ownership of the business, which they overcame through strong existing client relationships and a reputation in its core sectors.
This included supporting clients such as the Centre for Process Innovation with sourcing and placing candidates into three specialist and management roles as well as assisting Wilton-based Faraday Training Centre with its requirement for a specialist High Voltage Electrical Trainer.
Steve Guest, Managing Director of Techconsult UK, said: “Carl and Gary’s experience, networks and business insights will be invaluable as we action our initial three-year growth plan. Acquiring the business during a global pandemic was certainly a unique experience, but with the reputation and track-record we already had in place we were in a good place from which to continue trading well during the period, always with one eye on the future and potential growth opportunities.”
Carl Swansbury, Head of Corporate Finance and Partner at RG Corporate Finance said: “Working with Gary I aim to strategically add value to Techconsult UK and support the directors with their growth ambitions. Steve and Sarah have made good early progress, particularly during this tough economic period, and are well-placed to deliver growth for the business. I am looking forward to being part of their scale-up journey.”
Jodie Coe, Director of People and Operations at CPI said: “We have engaged with Techconsult UK on an exclusive basis, for numerous business-critical positions, and had great success. They have always presented us with highly suitable candidates, and even during the difficult times of COVID19, assisted in coordinating video interviews and site visits, resulting in several successful candidates joining CPI.”
NEWS RELEASE: ISSUED ON BEHALF OF RG
For further information contact Jamie Collis 01325 363436
RG has offices in Newcastle, Northumberland and North Tyneside with 14 partners. It delivers joined-up advice across six specialist services:
- Corporate Finance – creating a reputation for providing exceptional, opinion-driven, advice that maximises business value, RG’s award-winning corporate finance division has a refreshingly different approach.
- Business Tax – delivering straightforward answers to complicated questions through the provision of very effective, tax efficient, solutions.
- Personal Tax – creating significant tax savings through a collaborative approach that combines careful planning with easily understood advice.
- Accounts and Outsourced Services – embracing the latest digital accounting technology to provide an extremely responsive service which delivers essential financial information for businesses in real time.
- Audit and Assurance – helping business owners minimise risk and run more robust enterprises by providing valuable advice with tangible benefits.
- Wealth Management – approaching wealth management with a conservative mindset, based on many years’ experience of seeking long term gains.