****IMPORTANT NOTICE *****
CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT FOR ORGANISATIONS THAT DO NOT CURRENTLY USE PR
With more than 30 years’ experience in all aspects of communications, Recognition PR is offering new customers a one-off PR support package, to assist them in navigating their policies through the downtime.
Things we can offer:
- Advice on coronavirus policies, internal and external
- Social media management
- Positive news stories to counterbalance negativity
- Remote video interviews (with a large following on LinkedIn)
- Virtual event hosting
- Stakeholder outreach and engagement
- Exposure to large business networks
For an informal discussion on how to engage, call 01325 363436.
Recognition PR promotes and defends the products services and people of our clients using a variety of below the line techniques and platforms including - earned media coverage, events, networking, thought leadership, and social media.
We don’t involve ourselves in expensive ‘above the line’ advertising campaigns.
Every week our staff will talk to each of our clients to give ideas and get instructions, we then transmit their positive narratives via wide variety of different media, trade media, social media, and bespoke communications platforms. We also organise events and plug our clients into the business networks that are appropriate for them.
Maintaining first class relations with the media is essential to success in our field. We have an extensive network of contacts throughout the UK media - including business, consumer, trade and financial publications as well as regional and national press - and we use a unique 'shadow newsroom' concept to present our clients' plans, announcements and news stories to them. Our consultants are highly skilled in tailoring stories and messages to maximise media interest and also appreciate the subtle differences involved in preparing material aimed at television, radio and new media. We are able to secure slots on national and regional news bulletins as well as in magazines, business publications, and lifestyle and reality programmes, resulting in a strong and healthy profile for our clients.
• Consultant rate - £530+VAT per day • Senior Consultant rate - £630+VAT per day;
• Senior Partner - £750+VAT per day • Amalgamated US Rate $995 + relevant taxes
Minimum contract value of one day per month for three months.
VIDEOS and AUDIO VISUAL SERVICES: We see video as an integral part of PR activity. It stimulates social media responses and encourages media web sites to cover stories. For many retained clients our videos are included in the price - on a fair use basis.
For other clients our pricing formula is based on time spent shooting and editing. Ther following is a guide to our prices. Exact costs are given depending on the actual specifucation of the job.
- Filming and editing charged at £60 per hour
- An average video, shot on one site in the North East of England (maximum one-hour travel from Darlington), with one videographer on site filming for no more than an hour with a maximum two hour edit and one set of author amends: £300
- Any additional sets of author amendments: £60 per set of amendments
- 60-90 second videos filmed in the Recognition Studio, including Autocue script set up (script provided), filming and editing £210 (3.5 hours)
- 3-5 minute videos filmed in Recognition Studio including Autocue script set up (script provided), filming and editing £300 (5 hours)
- 5-10 minute videos filmed in Recognition Studio including Autocue script set up (script provided), filming and editing £360 (6 hours)
- Video filming outside of the one hour travel time as detailed above will incur additional travel time costs of £60 per hour and mileage costing 15p per mile
- Social Media live broadcasts £675 to RPR clients, £975 to non-clients
- A pre-event site recce to undertake a signal, transmission check to confirm strength of signal to broadcast live from the venue
- Two AV technicians (one filming, one as sound desk operator) to attend, set up, operate and remove equipment
- Provision of video and sound equipment (including PA system, sound mixing desk and microphones)
- Provision of live video editing and transmission equipment
- use of bandwidth for transmission of broadcast onto the internet (primarily through YouTube)
- The requirement for a second moving camera rather than a static camera will require a third technician will incur a cost of £150
- PA System Hire: £350 (inclusion of staging with a reduced price of £150 for a total of £500)
Based on: Provision of PA system (speakers, cabling, microphones, mixing desk), one AV technician, delivery, set up, operation and removal.
Price is based on a location in the North East (Maximum one-hour travel from Darlington) for an event lasting no longer than three hours and starts no earlier than 8am and finishes no later than 7pm. Events outside of these times and a longer length will incur additional costs.
Staging - Available to hire at £200
- Animations –Based on £60 per hour of studio time, each project will be individually-priced based on project specifications. Once specification has been agreed, an indicative price can be produced.
INTRODUCTORY PR PACKAGE: Some smaller business want to try PR before they engage properly. We have an introductory package which is offered on a discretionary basis, it can only be used once. For £1500 including VAT, Recognition will deliver a small scale PR initiative over three months, including a photo or video. The package is paid for on credit card with 50% upfront and 50% at the end of three months.
NOTE: for small firms in Durham, Tyne & Wear & Northumberland
The North East Business Support Fund: Recognition PR is a Registered Provider for the North East Business Support Fund. NBSL’s North East Business Support Fund helps businesses improve their competitiveness. Find out more at
Applications can be sent to
Disclaimer: As far as publication matters are concerned we will issue media releases and internet posts in the
name of the relevant organisation/individual after approval. The organisation is the publisher. It will
indemnify us if we suffer loss or damage arising out of the content of any material we issue with
approval. We regard all matters that are not for publication as confidential and our staff have
confidentiality clauses in their contracts of employment. For crisis management we need to know the
full facts in order to assist properly. Nothing will be sent to the media by us that is not approved.
It is understood that Recognition will choose press photographers and freelance TV crews based on
the appropriate skills and quality for the task. Unless a separate agreement is reached copyright for
photographs taken by Recognition’s retained photographer and video taken by TV crews is passed to
the client but please note other photographers maintain the copyright for their work. Any printing and
design work will be quoted to before it is booked and permission will be sought before ordering other
items. Video storyboards are approved by clients before shooting and one edit session is included in
the price. It is also understood that clients will not directly engage our staff or contractors and that,
unless otherwise agreed, we will be the only PR consultancy representing them to the media.
Some clients require an out-of-hours contact person in case of emergency, sadly this is a frequent
occurrence. We have set up a rota system, which will ensure someone is available to deal with
matters after 5.30pm weekdays and throughout the weekend. We reserve the right to charge our
prevailing “crisis management” rate for this service.